Monday, October 18, 2010

Autopsy of a Marriage

Why is my marriage of 25+ years ending in divorce?

There are two main reasons. I WAS the wrong person and I MARRIED the wrong person. I was only 23 years old, and an immature 23 at that, when I married the man who I hoped would make all my dreams come true. Even though I had some strong signals that it was a mistake, I did it anyway.

I couldn’t change my husband, and I learned to live with him. Until I couldn’t any more. We were blessed to have a handful of delightful children, and I’m so very, very thankful for them all.

During the marriage I DID change in some ways. I went into the marriage an impatient, self-centered little twit. I am coming out of it a lot more patient, and a bit less self-centered.

I don’t know if God will ever send me another husband. While I wait, I’m going to ask Him to help me learn to BE the right person. Even if there is never another husband for me, I will be a better mother, a better Christian, and a better PERSON.

Why am I “The Chaste Divorcee?” I believe that the Bible teaches that sex is for marriage. While I am actually still legally married to my husband (because the paperwork is taking a long time), our marriage is completely over. He is in a relationship with The Dreaded Other Woman (ooooh, yuck!). ;) I’m not married to him and I can’t get married to anyone else. So, no sex for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment